Oven Temp: 350 F
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
Serves: 3-4 people
2 cups quick or rolled oats (GF if preferred)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk of choice
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
4oz Kimbala Chai Concentrate
1/4 cup jaggery or dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- Grease 8x8 baking pan with butter or coconut oil - set to the side
- Combine oats, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl - set to the side
- Whisk the egg in a large mixing bowl. Add in milk, chai concentrate, Greek yogurt, and jaggery - mix until combined
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thoroughly until combined
- Pour the mixture into the greased baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until edges look crisp and the center is set
- Enjoy immediately OR cool before digging in. Keep any extra refrigerated and warm up as desired.
IDEAS FOR SERVING:
- This baked oatmeal is so great for meal prep, feel free to double the recipe for a full 3-4 days of breakfast for two.
- A great brunch treat, this baked oatmeal will satisfy that sweet craving and would be great alongside an omelet or eggs of any kind.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt on top.
- Bake this up for a great after dinner dessert - serve warm with a scoop of your favorite ice cream. So, so yummy and an unexpected treat for your guests!
The jaggery in this is a twist that most will not have seen - highly recommend using it if you are able to grab some from a local Indian store. Some large grocers will also sell it in the International sections, (HEB in Texas does sell it!) feel free to check with your local store as well. HERE is an example of something you would be looking for at a local Indian market!
Sometimes the center portion of the jaggery is soft enough to be smashed and packed, similar to brown sugar. If the jaggery you have is too firm, use a grater to shred it or shred it with a knife (as if chopping).